Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

ALL FALL DOWN (photo) & DAMN THE TORPEDOES (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


DAMN THE TORPEDOES

... I think back, and even further back, trying to find
out if I've always been this lonely and frustrated;
I bump against a memory: I was 11 years old
and with my best buddy, a cute, red-haired guy,
about my age and size; we'd often chase each other
and wind up wrestling, and this time I'd somehow
gotten him down onto his back on the grassy side-
yard ground and straddled his waist while we both
laughed; I then clearly recall saying "Tell me you
love me or I won't let you up!" I don't remember,
though, how this played out, except that he didn't say
he loved me, and more importantly that I have long
mourned that assertive girl who did not hesitate
to go after what she wanted, full speed ahead
and damn the torpedoes!


[memory snippet recalled and written about 11-27-17. Click here for info on that reference in the last two lines to a famous quote. Photo "All Fall Down" (11-24-17 014v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home