Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, August 24, 2017

IT GIVES ONE PAUSE (photo) & TWO MEN & A KNOW-IT-ALL (dream based prose poem) by Roswila


TWO MEN AND A KNOW-IT-ALL

two men ... brothers? or simply colleagues
or close, long time friends? ... well, anyway,
the first of them and I may have something
important to do with each other soon,
if I can develop any trust in him,
and in his beliefs and practices

the neighborhood know-it-all sees my hesitant
look and whispers into my ear that he's heard
he's not only what he says he is, but well trained
and licensed, something like a volunteer
chiropractor (this rumormonger male says)

I still have my questions, of course (I reply),
and this neighbor interrupts to go on about
the other man, the less obvious one who's
practically the first man's twin, noting rather
dismissively -- as if the facts are so clear
as to be obvious -- that he's not as skilled as
the first man, and rumored to be unlicensed

this gossipy man then adds in a stage
whisper that this second man, this almost twin,
is also no where near as handsome as the first!

well, that just takes the cake, doesn't it,
(I think), maybe all this opinionating should
require a license also: it's practically illegal,
probably verging on slander, and definitely
off putting ...

so why am I standing still for it? listening
when I could be checking out that first
man, forming my own opinion of his
knowledge and skill, and most of all,
his marked desire to be of use to others
around him in whatever way he can


[prose poem on a dream of 8-10-17. I've had this one on the back burner for a couple of weeks now. Just not all that jazzed by it. Mostly, I think, because I don't really "get it." In a Jungian sense it could be read as a transition phase of the animus. Hopefully, a further maturing of same. But that's a shaky interpretation. It's seems more to be very outwardly oriented and might be about real life relationships. Though which ones I'm at a bit of a loss to accurately determine. LOL -- I just had the flash thought that it's about my struggle with my on-going ambivalence about the male of the species! And that's only partly a joke. Photo "It Gives One Pause" (8-13-17 017v8) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home