Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, August 20, 2017

HOT FOOTIN' IT (photomorph) & OLD FRIENDS (in memory of Brenda Joyce Cohen; non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


OLD FRIENDS
(in memory of Brenda Joyce Cohen*)

Patricia! she proclaims, pointing
to my feet, you told me you finally
threw out those awful old shoes!

Grinning and blushing I look
down at my poorly shod tootsies
yes, I did throw them out, I respond,
but I missed them before I even
got back from the trash can

they're like old friends,
so comfortable
and they don't give me
any back talk at all anymore,
and they don't gobble socks
and they never put up a stink,
how can I ever let go of them?


[non-dream free verse poem written 8-19-17 (posted 8-20-17). *A dear friend and roommate whom, as I've said here before, I took care of 40 years ago in our apartment until barely 3 months before she died of cancer. I've been thinking about that time a lot recently, and the total 60+ years I lived in New York City (before moving here to California not quite 10 years ago).]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home