Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, August 25, 2017

DAY'S END (photo) & I'LL HAVE TO TRUST (non-dream poem/prayer) by Roswila


I'LL HAVE TO TRUST

how loud and how long must I
cry out to you, Great Mystery or God
or whatever you might be,
and still receive no answer

or could it be you've been answering
this endlessly stubborn, thick-headed old
woman all along the only way she's ever
really listened: breaking me open with pain
and fracturing my illusions until
they wound like shrapnel

if so, Lord, bring it on 'til there's nothing
left in me to break down or bleed open,
I can take it

and if I can't, I'll have to trust your response
to my utter failure to bear up beneath
your answers to my prayers will then be
to embrace me gently,
and carry me home


[non-dream free verse poem/prayer written 8-12-17. I'm uncertain about this one (as I was yesterday's). But have nothing else ready I feel at all like posting. Of course, I could just skip a day but it's such a habit to put something up daily I feel itchy/odd when I don't. Photo "Day's End" (8-21-17 001v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home