Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, January 12, 2017

NIGHT EXPOSURE (photomorph) & TWOFER (two mixed format dreams poems) by Roswila


TWOFER

One:

why I'm stark naked
to begin with, I don't know,
but despite an "ick"
factor, I put on a nightgown someone
forgot in this large public bathroom

I'd rather be covered right now than further
expose all that's going (and gone) south


Two:

Madonna arrives
with her usual high energy
hustle and bustle,
barely saying "hi" and going right to
reminding me of her play opening

a new one I'm in
that she wants to be quite sure
I'm prepared to do,
especially the arm movements:
a body builder's muscle display

I assure her that I've learned my lines
and rehearsed the strong arms posture

thinking, why am I doing another show,
I've never liked Madonna at all

yet I always go along with her,
she somehow fully engages me

odd to so dislike the very personality
who manages to keep me showing up


[a mix of tanka and two-liners on two dreams of 1-11-17. Yes, it's that Madonna in the second dream, the performer. And I really have never liked her, though in the early years, I did like some of her music. There's a lot in this "twofer." One thread between them is the body. Also the idea of covering up. In the first dream with a nightgown and in the second, by putting on a show (i.e., putting on a good face). I also associate the name Madonna to "mother," a rather loaded association. Photomorph "Night Exposure" (12-15-16 021v2f) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home