Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, January 06, 2017

AFTER THE INVASION (photomorph) & SIMPLY TO BE (dream narrative) by Roswila


SIMPLY TO BE

the huge, crowded theatre's being evacuated
in a rush at the order of invaders; I'm just
outside of a side entrance and somehow
learn that the invaders are going to arrest
a certain sub-group of the crowd (to which I
happen to belong) as they leave; I hurry
back inside against the tide streaming out
to warn others in my sub-group not to leave
unless somehow camouflaged; once I'm sure
this message is spreading on its own the way
rumors do (rapidly and to everyone) I decide
I'll buddy up to a bunch of folk taller
than I am so I won't stand out so much
on making my exit again; I wind up
behind a very tall, thin young man
with dark hair who seems trustworthy
and takes the lead; we hurry together
down a sidewalk to a very wide
boulevard intersection; he tells me
to wait on a corner, that he'll be
right back; although an exposed position
for me to be in, I wait there thinking
he's going off to get a vehicle for us;
then I see him ride right by me in a car
with some others in it; betrayed again,
I think, as I start looking around and
walking, trying to figure out where to
go from here; I manage to make it
across the quadruple lane boulevard
before either the light changes (or I'm
spotted by the roaming invaders); I
figure I'll take an uptown bus, there's
always so much going on up there that
I'll blend right in with the creative
flux and won't stand out; I'm delighted
to be first on the bus line as it means
less time to be exposed to scrutiny
from the street; but it turns out the door
that opens in front of me is a side door
and I have to wend my way all too
obviously along the sidewalk to the front
door to pay: whether betrayed on purpose
or by happenstance it's a hazardous
and lonely journey to find a safe
place simply to be who I am


[narrative on a dream of 1-5-17. Photomorph "After the Invasion" (5-25-09 1726v2c) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home