Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, January 01, 2017

OPEN INVITATION (photo) & HE (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


HE*

Oy! he's here, again...
I really hadn't thought our paths
would cross anymore,
given all that goes on in
the life of a celebrity

and especially
in his recently, what with
the divorce and all...
well, seems he's going to be
a regular heart stopping haunt

but we'll have to set
some guidelines for his visits,
such as no just dropping
in without notice, like tonight
when I'm in my bed clothes

additionally,
no bringing anyone else with him
(again like tonight)
if he's going to haunt me
I require his full attention

I don't want to have to listen to him
dealing with a confused companion,

while I simply stand by, trying to control
my intense response to his presence

so if he's going to persist in these visits,
they can at the very least be on my terms

...who am I kidding?
unexpected or planned visit, he'll always
have me at hello


[four tanka with three two liners and one ending dreamku on a dream of 12-31-16. *"He" was Brad Pitt, who's been in my dreams before, but not for a long time. Photo "Open Invitation" (7-31-14 007v2) by Roswila. And, on another subject altogether: HAPPY NEW YEAR!]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home