Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, December 10, 2016

SWEEPING IT UNDER THE RUG (photo) & HE'S IN CONTROL (dream narrative) by Roswila


HE'S IN CONTROL

he's in control of the entire project
even though I've been assigned
the bulk of the actual work
to make it happen

before actually taking any steps
and wasting time and resources,
I seek his approval of my outline
for how I'll proceed but quickly
realize he could not care less

"Just do it!" radiates from his face
and body posture as clearly
as if he's actually saying it

yikes! I can't even get proper oversight
from this head honcho! and I lose it,
yelling at him how men have,
have always had, all the power,
giving example after example
of how this is blatantly true

then he casually suggests I join
him to visit a mutual friend
in hospital where he's being treated
for a mysterious illness

and I'm effectively sidetracked
(a time worn tactic of those
in power, I think briefly)
and agree to go with him

but once in the friend's room
I realize I don't want to be there,
don't really care all that much any more
what happens to the guy we're here
to visit as he'd never been much more
than a fair weather friend to me
(though I still don't wish him ill)
and as I start to leave they point out
a mountainous pile of his show
business paper work

before I know it my organizing talent
has been commandeered, and I'm
carefully weeding and straightening
out his humungous paper pile for him
on the hospital bed

will I ever learn? or is it more a matter
of some lessons do get learned,
they just can't be acted upon
without the power to do so


[narrative on a dream of 12-8-16. Photo "Sweeping It Under the Rug" (12-9-16 010v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home