Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, December 02, 2016

A NUMINOUS VIEW (photo) & 'TIL DEATH DO US PART (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


'TIL DEATH DO US PART

I can't believe I'm not over you yet;
as the old song goes: still crazy
after all these years*

that I think of you as I recall a dream
from last night is a good indication this was
what I was so desperately trying to end;
what else in my waking life these days
has the painful numinosity of that dream?

on the one hand that fiery light threatens
destruction (I can't go on this way,
the yearning alone will burn me out)
and on the other, it promises redemption
(yes, I am loved and loving at last!)

so it's pretty clear I was working assiduously
in my sleep to end this entrenched stand-off
in either of two ways: one, round and reddish,
like a large period to a run-on sentence,
and the other, small, shadowy, more a smear
than any distinct shape or object

and even as each skittered away from my grasp
I wondered, why two ways anyway? the last thing
I need is another decision to make, then again,
maybe they're two stages that need to be gone
through for the end to finally come

yet ultimately, what does it matter that I sit here
now, wrestling with that dream's challenges
in writing; I know all too well there's no way
I'll get unstuck, at least not while I'm alive

the addictive brain once it has a grip does not
let go, recovery a myth, all methods or stages
of separation no more than the stuff of dreams:
you're with me 'til death do us part


[free verse poem on a dream of 11-30-16. * "Still Crazy After All These Years," Paul Simon. Photo "A Numinous View" (11-29-16 014v3) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home