Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, December 03, 2016

FROM THE OVERLOOK PARK (photo) & WHAT COUNTS THE MOST (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


WHAT COUNTS THE MOST

she's dressed all in black,
her brand new top, just out of
the package, aligns
its crisp folds and wrinkles
along the curves of her weight

a weight for which
the exact number hangs in the air,
a psychic soundtrack
suffusing the city park scene:
"three hundred and thirty three"

it's eerie, I think,
but at my own heaviest I was
nearly the same size,
but enough of identifying
with her, how can I be supportive

what does she most need,
I ask myself, watching as she
enjoys using her
obese, nicely attired body
and slowly explores the park

she spots me looking
and quickly recognizes
my inquiring state,
giving me a joyful smile that I
readily return, nodding my head

yes, I'd forgotten that having one's experience
expressly acknowledged is often what counts the most


[tanka series capped by a two-liner on a dream of 12-1-16. Photo "From the Overlook Park" (11-29-16 013v2c) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home