Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

DIVERGING PATHS (photo) & WHATEVER THE TRUTH (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


WHATEVER THE TRUTH

I'd like to think it's your soul I've seen shining
so brightly at times that it almost blinds me,
and not just the light that backs us all up
reflecting in a brief burst off the slick,
hard surface of your defenses

but is there any difference to the eye
that trusts in the soul in us all:
whether I see it or not, your soul's
still there somewhere
informing your life

a life I'm grateful came into mine,
with all your stark hollows
and magnetic flesh,
fragmentation and promise,
agony and excitement
that both trigger and affirm me

whatever the truth of it, soul
or defensive reflection, as I now
of necessity struggle to move on
I cherish the bittersweet memory
of that erratic light
as it would flash through
from you, briefly filling
my often dark and lonely life


[non-dream free verse poem written 11-28-16. Photo "Diverging Paths" (12-09-16 026v2a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home