Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, August 13, 2016

TOP HEAVY (photomorph) & AVOIRDUPOIS (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


AVOIRDUPOIS*

the auto's owner
approaches just as I
stop improvising
a song on the prongs lining
the back seat of his car

I could not resist,
I say, the tines look so much like
a large kalimba**

but this attractive
older man I've not seen before
seems more concerned
with how I look than with why I'd
been leaning into his car window

and though he says nada,
he's clearly noticed my weight and
judged it heavily;
I decide not to let this slide
and speak up, albeit gently:

you know, my avoirdupois is not what it seems,
it's actually a long, very complicated pregnancy

and even if it's never born, I will continue to bear
this child of my passion for life with great gratitude


[three tanka, one dreamku, & two 2-liners on a dream of 8-12-16. *French for weighty, or heavy. **Kalimba, a/k/a mbira or thumb piano; musical instrument that's African in origin; played by plucking prongs with one's thumbs; I've just recently started playing mine again. Photomorph "Top Heavy" (6-30-16 012v2a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home