Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, August 06, 2016

SO MANY CHOICES (photo) & AT THE CROSSROADS (dream narrative) by Roswila


AT THE CROSSROADS

Dream One:

the strangers hold up small signs
for where I can go, way up town
in dangerous neighborhoods,
the first on 153rd Street
and the other even further north

neither feels like a good choice
but I feel compelled to choose
between them, even as I wonder
why they haven't held up a sign
for that other choice I vaguely recall

a direction I might go in if I had
a better idea where it's at, but all I know
is that it lies behind me
to the south of this crossroads


Dream Two:

it's a crowded conference,
huge and noisy,
yet I manage to meet first one
then another police chief
and have conversations with each

I don't know which is more
surprising, that I find these
policemen personable (and ones
in high authority, no less)
or that we chat about things
outside the conference's theme

as I leave the conference via
a huge empty freight elevator
(a choice I make to begin to ease
my sense of overstimulation)
I begin entering each of their names
in my palm pilot

the second chief I'd met sees me
as I'm getting off the elevator
while I'm still tapping in his name,
Dominic,* and questions my doing so,
an edge of concern to his voice

I decide not to get defensive and simply
say it's so I can retrieve his name later,
if need be, as I am, after all, going on
73 years old and memory quirks abound


[dream narrative on dreams of 8-1-16 and 8-2-16, respectively. *Dominic = originally from the late Roman-Italic name "Dominicus," its translation means "Of Our Lord," "Lordly," or "Belonging to God." I did not know this until I googled just now, but I had suspected something similar based on the dream. There's also some significance to that number "153" which reduces to 9. And which I associate from it's setting in the dream to the nightmarish Nine of Swords in The Tarot. A card that, in its well-known traditional version, holds out hope in the roses on the blanket across the lap of the dreamer. Lastly, the night I had the second dream I'd gone on a food binge, about which I retrospectively see the first dream warning. And I hasten to add that I see a positive growing edge to these inter-related dreams. Photo "So Many Choices" (8-1-16 001v2c) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home