Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

BESTOWAL (photo) & A QUESTION OF CHOCOLATE (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


A QUESTION OF CHOCOLATE

his four year old eyes
remind me of the chocolate chips
in the cookies
I dreamed about last night,
an image that on rising, I took
to all sorts of unhappy places,
and then I find those bits of sweet dark
I cannot have right here,
in a stranger's boy,
who fills our ocean side encounter
with bright question
after question,
and happily answers my own,
weaving stories out of all we say,
and then, out of nowhere, proclaiming
'"I love chocolate ... in cookies!"


[non-dream free verse poem written 8-9-16. This boy who came up to me as I was sitting looking at the ocean, was named Jacob, the most common meaning for which is "to supplant." And in the Bible, Jacob was founder of the 12 tribes of Israel. I related to this experience as I would a dream and found it quite something. And though I just tried typing out the significance of these two things to me, I have to go into way too much to do it any justice here. Suffice it to say, my clinging to mourning for a favorite addictive substance (chocolate/sugar) was totally supplanted by this darling child. (He even called to me from a distance after he and his family had explored the beach, to be sure to wave good-bye.) Photo "Bestowal" (11-29-09 83913v6) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home