Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

PREPARING TO TAKE OFF (photo) & FIVE TRIPS/ONE MORNING (dream narrative) by Roswila


FIVE TRIPS/ONE MORNING

Dream One

there's no way I can hang on to the nearly vertical
wet sand wall above the ocean beach, nor when
I land can I stay dry, no matter how feverishly I try
not to get dunked like everyone else at this edge,
even as I keep on yelling for that man I know
whom I spotted when I was falling who's just down
this beach to my left, though what he can do I haven't
a clue, noting as I yell his name that gets ripped away
by the wind, that no one else seems to mind
being sandy and soaked at all


Dream Two

dripping wet sand I enter a huge beach house
as if I belong there, aware the couple I'm trailing
into it live here and that they are graciously
letting me follow along; the woman asks me
what happened to my flotation tube, I say
that it was taken from me (knowing I'd given
it away), she asks her husband if he's found one
for me yet; as we wait, I comment on
the intricate layout of the house's
many rooms and levels


Dream Three

as we decorate the walls of a small office
room, we have a lengthy discussion on which
way to hang one large, heavy, artsy object;
I finally discover a part of the picture on it
(a small child sitting outside a beach house)
that reveals the true orientation for the object;
but they hang it horizontally anyway; a dark
haired, middle aged male executive
with a rep as somewhat dishonest and maybe
dangerous, if brilliant and attractive, has been
watching me closely, as he's made it clear
some time ago he desires me; for some
reason I'm not uncomfortable with this


Dream Four

a woman I'd had a hassle with seems to have finally
forgiven me and leads me to the sunny boardwalk to sit
and maybe have a soda; I can't get the door onto
the boardwalk to shut again behind me,
no matter how hard I slam it; a tall dark man,
costumed like an eerie bird, reaches from the other
shadowy side as I start to slam the door again,
mumbles something in a vaguely friendly way,
and slowly and quietly
shuts the door in front of him


Dream Five

a slip of an old gal with whom I have a checkered
but now peaceful relationship orders
me softly to sit in a chair next to her
on the warming boardwalk, then leaves to bring
that dark executive who likes me to join us, after
making it clear I should hook up with him

before he arrives I find I actually agree with her;
he may not be whom I've been mooning over
and have a questionable rep to boot,
but I'd have what I've been so painfully missing:
a man to hold and caress and care about
who'll do the same for me
and more

maybe it's time to let go
of my proud and stringent independence,
get in the swim, and let life take care of me


[narrative on five dreams of 8-9-16. Photo "Preparing to Take Off" (8-10-16 015v2a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home