Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, August 04, 2016

EVER MORE BOXES (photo) & LITTLE BOXES (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


LITTLE BOXES

Dream One:

a massive fire's running wild, we're told,
just over the hill that rolls up and away
from the large field in our backyard

preparing to evacuate our dark wood cabin,
we each pack our most essential things
in an individual small square box

as I'm scrambling to find my last,
most needed thing
the order comes to evacuate

a brigade of fire fighters gallops down
the hill on horseback, just ahead
of the smoke from the fire that flashes
red on its furry underbelly,
like a rabid sunrise


Dream Two:

it's time for Oprah to leave us

as she packs the last of her most important
things in a small square box
she lifts her head and smiles
wryly at me:

"Yes, I'm aware I'm lonely, and I will
look at that later, after
I've completed this big move"


[free verse poem on two dreams of 8-3-16. Photo "Ever More Boxes" (2-16-16 005v2a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home