Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

STEPPING UP (photo) & ON TAKING A SHOT (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


ON TAKING A SHOT

why does the human brain once taught
to seek lines that align, then clings
to what is only a useful guideline
as an absolute

here I am on a perfect day, looking out
over the sea, my view of its persistent gentle
heaving framed at its bottom edge by a fence,
albeit a not very interesting one, yet what
actually keeps me from taking out my camera?
that the fence dips down to the left,
is out of true with the (deceptively) straight
horizon, and I can't find any way
to embrace this lack of parallelism
in the shots I frame in my mind ...

excuse me, but I'm about to put down this pen
and take some shots anyway, life's too damn short
(especially at half way to 73 years old) to get
my panties all in a bunch (and I can simply
step out of them anyway) about taking
a risky shot, instead of ...
just ... going ... for it


[non-dream free verse poem written 8-29-16. Not sure this poem is ready for posting. But what little dream recall I have from last night doesn't entice me to write about it. And I don't feel like re-posting some old poem. So, here 'tis ... a poem that may not actually be fussed into shape yet. I hasten to add that no poem (or photo) ever feels absolutely finished. I just reach a point at which I feel prepared to let it go out into the world. In the case of this poem, I haven't reached that point. Mother's not certain her child is ready to stand on its own yet. :-) Photo "Stepping Up" (8-16-17 007v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home