Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, August 21, 2016

TUNNELS (photomorph) & ACITHÉDUS (dream narrative) by Roswila


ACITHÉDUS

as secretary I have to produce
the letter giving the new group
joining with ours their official
invitation to the coming merger

but as usual I've not been given
all the information necessary
and I go in search of the bosses
who can help me fill it in

I need things like zip codes
and even, heavens, the name
of this new group that such
a fuss is being made over

I'm also aware (having read
the manual on this sort
of thing) that the underwater
approach must be mentioned,

that tunnel between our two
states (it's a legal thing, like
"full disclosure" I suppose)
and I need the right wording

upshot: (believe it or not) the last
info I need and get is the name
of the ballyhooed new group,
the odd sounding: Acithédus,

accented awkwardly on the third
syllable, the top boss laughing
and making inappropriate jokes
about it as he says it

doesn't anyone take their work
seriously anymore? is it all
just something to do carelessly
and then make jokes about?


[narrative on a dream of 8-20-16. Another dream about which I'll comment (as I said about yesterday's) "Don't ask me! I don't know." However, this one was no where near as much fun to dream and write about as "Dolly Says." BTW, that first syllable in Acithédus was said as in the word "acid." Photomorph "Tunnels" (9-23-13 010v9a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home