Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

AFTER THE STORM (photomorph) & A COURSE IN CHAOS (multi-dream narrative) by Roswila


A COURSE IN CHAOS

"Disclaimer: one must not have any condition that results in dizziness to go on this ride. N.B., everyone (especially children on anti-vertigo medication) takes this ride at their own risks."

.... I start work for a top tier car saleswoman who drives her customers and me around dangerously fast. Later during off-hours and after a humongous storm has nearly flattened the city, I bump into her. She seems happy to see me, even though I look a mess. I explain I've been moonlighting doing plastering and repair work.

.... The light changes just as I get to the middle of the very wide city boulevard. I'm stuck here with traffic whizzing dangerously close by me, front and back, in opposite directions. I see my one time friend, Brenda,* is here, too. I haven't seen her in years and realize she's been hanging out with other women who'd turned their backs on me. I begin the struggle to accept her additional rejection and to let it go. It's rather more easy than usual as the storm's aftermath requires everyone's full attention and effort.

.... A man I really yearn for, and his buddies, seek shelter in a beach house hit hard by the storm. It's now not much more than a shell, filled with trash filled large boxes that once were rooms. The man I like says he'd rather camp outside and leaves for the back yard. I follow at a distance intending to at least say hello. As I approach him from behind I get all mushy inside but when he turns around I see it's not him after all. This youthful, dark haired stranger seems interested in me on sight. But I'm not up to taking any more risks and quickly turn away. A pile of storm debris off to my right on a small, grassy rise needs sorting and organizing for disposal. I apply myself to the task.

"Post-Ride Feedback: Leave your comments here; anonymous or not, we'd like to hear what your experience was and how you now feel about our carefully thought out and designed set-up for learning how to cope with various forms and intensities of chaos."


[narrative on several dreams of 8-22-16. This is pretty much how the dreams presented themselves. The only big change was splitting the first one so that it bookends the other dreams, casting it in a voice of command, and then titling the two pieces "Disclaimer" and "Post-Ride Feedback." *Brenda was a roommate of mine many years ago, whom I cared for in our apartment until just three months before she died of cancer. Photomorph "After the Storm" (5-16-11 10977v4a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home