Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, August 25, 2016

FROM THE SHADOWS (photomorph) & SORRY TO HAVE TO SAY THIS (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


SORRY TO HAVE TO SAY THIS

sorry to have to say this
and right to your face, man,
but this craving I have for you,
all this painful jonesing, really
has but little to do with you

it's about the moments when my life-
long loneliness sweeps in to fill
some essential, ancient void (yes,
funny, isn't it? that loneliness
can serve to fill us)

you see, my dear fellow, it's about
a deep human need for connection
gone awry, shrouded by expectations
that morph into a demand for connection
with a longed for other, here, now:
that this intense thrumming aliveness
(wearing the mask we label loneliness)
is not enough in
and of itself

well, my darling, my dear,
it is enough, more than enough

this yearning for connection is,
all by itself, rich with as many possibilities
as scintillate in every moment,
of whatever stripe:

the sun warms the backs of my hands
as I draft this poem, the lemony scent
of my sunscreen rises as a plane drones
lazily by overhead, and the little lizard
whose home territory I always disturb
when I arrive at this ocean overlook,
scuttles from the shadows of tangled
drought dry brush and pauses, as if to say
"ah, I figured it was just you..."


[non-dream free verse poem written 8-22-16. Photomorph "From the Shadows" (7-5-09 3229ev2d) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home