Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, July 28, 2016

OUT OF BALANCE (photomorph) & THE EQUATION (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


THE EQUATION

on the left side of the equation a large Excel sheet*
filled in and proofread, twice over

on the right side, two unclear items that it's quickly
learned are placed in reverse: what's on the left
should be on the right and vice versa

how can this be balanced? yet, the total weight
of those two right hand items is the same
relative to the neatly produced Excel sheet
on the left, whether in or out of order

could it be that the order in which things
appear is just that: an appearance,
and as such, may deceive and mislead

what matters being the solution,
as revealed by the total heft of things
on either side of the equation


[free verse poem on a dream of 7-21-16. *Excel sheet: "Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet program included in the Microsoft Office suite of applications. Spreadsheets present tables of values arranged in rows and columns that can be manipulated mathematically using both basic and complex arithmetic operations and functions." I should note that I never did learn this program very well in my working years; I'd dread it when a job would require the use of it. Mostly, I'd say, because I'm nigh on to a math phobe (even when a program is doing the actual calculating). I'm not sure how I feel about this dream/poem but it's good to have it to post today. There's something cooling about it and I'm dealing with some hot emotional stuff this morning. Eh, who'm I kidding? I'm more often a mess these days than not. Though I hasten to add life is still really good. I'm actually learning not to become unbalanced when I find myself in widely different emotional spaces about different aspects of my life, all at the same time. Hm, that seems to go back to this dream/poem. Photomorph "Out of Balance" (6-12-16 001v2d) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home