Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

CAN TWILIGHT BE FAR BEHIND? (photo) & PRAYER TO QUIETUDE (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


PRAYER TO QUIETUDE

please take me to the place from which you arise
on such shy wings I find that you've been waiting
here all along right behind me

let me be blanketed in you like a sated lover,
content to soak up naked silence
from every fold

and when you're gone, leaving me
exposed again to bedlam,
I'll not despair, for I know you'll always return,
like the embrace of this boundless
twilight horizon


[non-dream free verse poem written 7-23-16. Eleventh in a series of "Prayer to..." poems. Photo "Can Twilight Be Far Behind?" (7-24-16 004v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

2 Comments:

At 5:02 AM , Blogger Richard Spiegel said...

"Naked silence" -- I like that image. Good to follow your poetry online. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 10:45 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Thanks for visiting, Rich. Yeah, "naked silence" is one of those images that just floated up without any prompting or searching. Love it when that happens (which isn't very often). I've been enjoying Waterways (as always). Hope NYC is treating you and all of yours very well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home