Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, July 24, 2016

A VISIT FROM THE LIGHT (photo) & THE PICTURE (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


THE PICTURE

the picture she's so attached to
needs reframing, and re-hanging
in softer, less direct light

she gets to work as snatches
from the old song "I wish
I didn't love you so"*
float through her mind, a rather
puzzling association or maybe
just a bit of stray mental static

"...I should be smiling by now
with a new tender friend..."
the song goes on as she fits the photo
neatly into a newer frame that just
happened to be in her closet,
and starts to look for a place
out of the window light to hang it

the singer proclaims "...yet when I try,
something in my heart says no...",
even as she whispers a "yes"
to the wall space she's chosen
for the reframed picture

the song goes on "... and that's why I
wish I didn't love you so...,"
accompanied by scuffling noises
as she hangs her reframed photo
in its new place

the music's over, but not her sad thoughts
as she stands, hugging herself
and checking out her handiwork:
we may change its context
and view it in a different light,
but the picture
remains the same


[free verse poem on a dream of 7-22-16. *YouTube music video of Willie Nelson singing "I Wish I Didn't Love You So," the song that wove in and out of this dream. Photo "A Visit From the Light" (7-13-16 001v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home