Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, March 07, 2016

A LONG SLEEP (photo) & SLEEPING BEAUTY (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


SLEEPING BEAUTY

first, she invites me
over when she's very tired
but doesn't tell me
then, asks me to leave my art supplies
in her room so that we can chat

and now she's gone into her room to nap,
asking that I not disturb her, and shut the door

well, just how am I going to retrieve my supplies
from this long time friend's off limits bedroom

take a chance and tip toe in? she sleeps light
and readily cries inconsideration

I could join her in the arms of Morpheus on the couch
but I've had enough unconsciousness for today

I will find something else to do while she naps,
and just let this sleeping beauty* rest


[a tanka with two-liners on a dream of 3-6-16. * Here's a psychological interpretation of the Sleeping Beauty fairy tale that is rather rich. I've only done one quick read through and I'm looking forward to taking more time later tonight to see how it further informs this dream/poem. BTW, the Sleeping Beauty image was not explicit in the dream, but surfaced with conviction as I was drafting the poem. And the "she" in this dream was an actual friend of mine from many, many years ago. Between writing this poem and reading the fairy tale interpretation linked to above, I've stumbled my way into some very sad and deep but freeing empathy with her. Photo "A Long Sleep" (10-24-10 10009v2a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blogs: ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL

; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT; and THE MARKER TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home