Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, March 01, 2016

BROKEN MOON (photomorph) & EVOLUTION OF AN IMAGE (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


EVOLUTION OF AN IMAGE

Trees in this dense wood are tall
and hung with vines that choke all light
as dark succeeds in seeping up my spine

I clutch for balance and collide
with bars I cannot see

Terror suspends me,
an infant cribbed in ebony

And then the dark caves in

I dig out slowly, sorting through the shards,
building out of and upon the ruins,
carefully painting all darkness a placid blue

But dark bleeds through

I am an abysmal cage, through which
an occasional cold wind blunders


[non-dream free verse poem written in 1984. I checked to see when I last posted this -- I knew I must have -- and found the year was 2006, and that I'd left out a line! (Guess my aging memory is not too far gone yet. Smile) When I re-inserted that line I also deleted the period at each line ending, and made one very minor word tweak. The periods felt distracting (as I mentioned in another really old poem I recently re-posted here). Yikes! I just recalled that the tree memory I begin the poem with was from when I was 12 years old. And I can still to this day clearly visualize those vine hung trees, and recall how anxious and unhappy I was as a 12 year old. Photomorph "Broken Moon" (11-24-15 053v3) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blogs: ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL

; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT; and THE MARKER TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home