Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, February 26, 2016

ON THE 'NET (photomorph) & IT'S AN OLD, OLD SONG (a dream) by Roswila


IT'S AN OLD, OLD SONG

at least for once it's clear right away what he
wants of me (it never was back in the years
of our odd and awkward friendship)

however, once I find the lyrics to that old
1960's Shirelle's song he'd lost on the computer,
he reverts to type and I have to keep guessing
'til I hit on what he really wants: for me
to figure out how to print out copies

it's quite a challenge as the computer's not one
with which I'm at all familiar, as different
from mine as an apple (pun noted) from an orange

so I have only the old "hunt and peck,"
seasoned with a bit of intuition, to go by,
while my cheeks flush as I begin to fear
I'm not only losing face but letting him down

but the mix of accident and intuition pays off just
as I wonder if I'm beaten, and the words to the song
print out, the last line in bolded elephant font,
and centered on the stark white page:

"Will you still love me tomorrow?" *


[written on a dream of 2-25-16. * The title and last line of the song I kept singing, bit by bit, during this dream (click on it for a video of it being sung by the Shirelles). BTW, the "he" in this dream was quite a mash-up of people (men and women) in my present life (determined by strong associations). Which speaks very clearly to repeated behavior on my part, based in ancient stuff going back even beyond my own life into the lives of my parents, and further. And need I even say it? Rooted in abandonment issues. I'm about two-thirds of the way through a new book ("Hauntings: Dispelling the Ghosts Who Run Our Lives," by James Hollis) that has certainly effected this dream. Also, I just mailed in my DNA sample yesterday for analysis, and have very recently begun doing ancestor searches online. So the idea of hauntings and ghosts and the past not being past has been even more present (if you will) for me than is my usual wont. Photomorph "On the 'Net" (1-23-16 8522v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blogs: ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT; and THE MARKER TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home