Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, August 20, 2015

MY CUP SPILLETH OVER (photomorph) & FUJI WARA (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


FUJI WARA*

I stand at the edge
of the building roof, looking out
over the city
when I sense someone behind me
I turn and there he is: Fuji!

my old friend Fuji,
whom I'd all but forgotten about
since we'd not met up
in many years -- we rush together
but stop short of embracing

the attraction between us as strong
as ever, as is our hesitation

still, it's so good to see him
I'm sure I'm radiating all over

and he looks equally pleased
most of his delight in his bright eyes

his last name pops to mind: Wara, yes,
that's it, I say, rolling the "r" on my tongue,

like a bullroarer** it buzzes with promise
as if he'd heard it, too, he embraces me at last


[a mix of tanka and two-liners on a dream of 8-19-15. *There is an old Japanese last name of Fujiwara, but it was clear in the dream that these were first and last names. On Googling today I found out that in Japanese fuji can mean "a man of a certain stature." Wara shows up in many languages but the one that really hit me is said to be an "aboriginal" male name meaning "man of the water." Well, put together those two name meanings lead me to The King of Cups in The Tarot: "...the King of Cups is an indication that you must create balance in the realm of the emotions. The King of Cups represents compassion; one of the most powerful and beautiful qualities of the human spirit. Ask yourself, “How can I develop a stronger awareness of the unconscious without being overwhelmed by its power? How can I develop a stronger sense of compassion without falling into the trap of sentimentality?" -- from the Biddy Tarot website. ** Bullroarer info on wikipedia (aboriginal ceremonial musical instrument). Photomorph "My Cup Spilleth Over" (8-12-15 019v2b) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT; and THE MARKER TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home