Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, April 12, 2008

NEFERTITI NEEDS NO GOWN: Dream Haibun by Patricia Kelly



NEFERTITI NEEDS NO GOWN

The Queen's garment arrives from the cleaners. Before I hand it over I tell her I've written her title for it on the white paper covering the hanger, so it won't be forgotten.

"Nefertiti
Needs No Gown"
long gold lame pleats


A wide dirt road spirals around the inside wall of the archeological dig. A dusty commotion begins at the rim.

Nefertiti
knows we murdered her back then
reincarnation


The swaying open curtained pallet on which she's enthroned confronts us. Her regal beauty more contemporary than I would have imagined.

Nefertiti
leads a slow parade down
ancient artifacts


* * * *

A haibun is a poetic prose paragraph completed by a haiku (it can also be a series of such). This one is from a dream I had the evening of April 3, 2008. (The image is public domain, and I have altered it a little.)

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT, and Yahoo DREAMJIN: Group for Dreamku – Haiku-Like Dream Poems.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home