Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, March 30, 2008

SCIFI HAIGA: Response to One Single Impression Prompt of 3-30-08

stone drunk/under Medusa's glare/narrow escape


The prompt this week at ONE SINGLE IMPRESSION is "laughter." You can visit there to read the full prompt and enjoy others' senses of humor. What gave me a surprised giggle was I had originally thought to post a lengthy, very funny prose piece by someone else today, when I recalled that the new prompt for OSI would be up by now. So laughter was in the air!

BTW, the words on the image above are a scifaiku, a haiku-like form with scifi/fantasy themes. The image is a figurine of Medusa from the old film "Clash of the Titans." And I'd like to add that I have had a great fondness for Medusa from childhood, learning many years later that in her most ancient form She was an earth Goddess, so I am having fun with Her from a place of great affection.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT, and Yahoo DREAMJIN: Group for Dreamku – Haiku-Like Dream Poems.

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

At 4:02 PM , Blogger Raven said...

don't see the laughter, but it's a cool scifi haiga and picture. (Like this one better than the one you had up first.)

 
At 4:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post, glad you chose to use this.

 
At 5:41 PM , Blogger Rae Trigg said...

Nice pun in your haiku! I remember Clash of the Titans, too. Well done.

 
At 6:34 PM , Blogger SandyCarlson said...

Your blog always offers me new ways to look at things. I love it! This poem and image excite my imagination as they conjure images of the earth mother and her snakes. God bless.
Writing in Faith: Poems

 
At 7:29 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Raven,

Glad you liked it. (I took down that first as I did not have her expressed permission. And although I'd had it for an earlier use years ago, just did not feel I should use it now in this different context.)

The laughter? If one looks at Medusa, one turns to stone. The character in the haiku is "stone" drunk and escapes ... silly, but it was fun when I wrote it. :-)

 
At 7:51 PM , Blogger Raven said...

Roswila - if it had been a truck it would have hit me... Sigh. I do love it and the play on words. Having one of those dull brain days.

 
At 8:01 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Raven, do I know what you're saying? I sure do! Jokes that are based in contemporary culture rather too often escape me. I'm a bit too much of an imagination junkie. LOL!

 
At 1:49 PM , Blogger Tumblewords: said...

escape is a goood thing! I like this!

 
At 4:06 PM , Blogger MHN said...

Love it too,especially now that you explained the Medusa thing :))

 
At 12:02 PM , Blogger WH said...

Roswila, this is soooooo original. Nothing short of brilliant!

 
At 3:19 PM , Blogger Pearl said...

heh! that is original. blink drunk, escape medusa. brilliant.

 
At 5:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is exactly it: hypnotized by Medusa's eyes!

Now your Medusa and the one in Clash of the Titans: this is female. Movie one isn't. Very strange how they did that for the movie, huh?

But of course they would: your Medusa is too 'sexual' for Hollywood.

 
At 8:50 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Andree and Michael,

Hm, I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a Medusa that was not female. I'm pretty sure that the "Clash of the Titans" Medusa was. Unless I'm getting much older even faster than I think I am! :-)

In any event, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment.

 
At 6:22 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Scary Haiku!
Most unusual as such.

 
At 11:31 AM , Blogger qualcosa di bello said...

what a great play on words! right down to the "narrow" escape (the straits of messina are just that!)

 
At 12:04 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Oh my, qualcosa di bella, wish I could take credit for that second Messina straight pun. But I didn't know about that! Thanks for telling me. :-)

 
At 12:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow.. learned a lot ... stone drunk... narrow escape... amazing play on words that bring laughter... yeppers, thz a keeper..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home