Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, April 07, 2008

DREAMKU: Response to One Single Impression Prompt of 4/7/08


the pawned figurine
of a woman and kestrel
shelved soul


The prompt this week at ONE SINGLE IMPRESSION is "stranded." I’ve sometimes thought there’s nothing more stranded-looking than items gathering dust on a pawn shop shelf. You can visit One Single Impression to read others' responses to this prompt (that I found a bit challenging, which is always enjoyable).

The above is a dreamku, a haiku-like poetry form for writing about our night dreams. The image above was painted by Katy Kianush, Copyright © 2003, Art Arena and the bird is a kestrel (small hawk, often used by ladies in "olden times" when hunting).

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT, and Yahoo DREAMJIN: Group for Dreamku – Haiku-Like Dream Poems.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 2:56 AM , Blogger SandyCarlson said...

Wow. The idea of a pawned figure of a window opens up many possibilities! This is wonderful food for the imagination. Thanks.
Writing in Faith: Poems

 
At 8:49 AM , Blogger Raven said...

beautiful painting... beautiful haiku (dreamku).

 
At 10:45 AM , Blogger Tumblewords: said...

I agree with you - the dust that covers belongings that were once invaluable to the owner. The photo is beautiful and the dreamku is spectacular!

 
At 5:02 PM , Blogger qualcosa di bello said...

beautiful image & words! i do that same thing to inanimate objects...actually feeling sorry for their unwantedness.

 
At 1:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one made me laugh. I have a foot tall figurine of Mary, as in the Blessed Virign-- in my closet, ( my mom brought it to me). Not only is she stranded, I feel guilty about keeping her there.

 
At 2:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never thought, before, of sadness of pawnshop items. They are. What story brought them to the store? What prevented them from being taken home? You wrote a haunting poem.

 
At 6:15 PM , Blogger Teri said...

This is a gorgeous image and beautiful haiku.

 
At 2:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

a beautiful dream ku and photo...

 
At 7:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

..her soul pawned
to save the body
a heart stranded!..

 
At 9:55 AM , Blogger storyteller said...

intriguing ‘take’ on
the OSI ‘stranded’ prompt
wonderful dreamku

I’m late to visit because ‘life’ got in the way, but I did publish two ‘week 6’ posts for One Single Impression: Stranded ... one on each of my blogs on Wednesday of last week and I hope you’ll find time to visit. They’re here: Heliocopter Rescue and Polar Bears
Hugs and blessings,

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home