Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

DREAM HAIKU ABOUT TAROT CARDS

It's always seemed odd to me that I don't dream more directly about The Tarot, given how much I relate to it in my waking life. (See my tarot blog, link at bottom of this post.) I say "directly" because many of my dream situations do echo the Tarot, it's just that I rarely recall an actual image from it. However, I have had some clear Tarot images in dreams and below are the few haiku I've written based on them.


Gordian knot
version after version
of the Ace of Swords




* * * *

the Tarot layout
is strong both up and down
how to decide


* * * *

Empress or Papess
the Tarot card woman
won't be pinned down




["Papess" is another name for The High Priestess; there's a legend that there was once a female pope, Pope Joan/John.]


* * * *

overwhelmed by
the Seven of Pentacles
her own creation




* * * *

the Three of Cups
pops from the new deck
reframe your thinking




* * * *

the woman floats:
a fire Tarot card
with so much water!

[In most decks, a card can be considered either fire/wands, water/cups, air/swords, or earth/pentacles]


* * * *

makeover magic
which of the three Tarot cards
will she be?


[for an exploration of this last dream with the actual cards, see post in this blog called "Dream of Three Tarot Cards."]


* * * *


Resource: Thanalonline.com, current issue of a literary magazine in which I have a few poems; although my last name is mis-spelled (I'm awaiting its correction) I still recommend this nice ezine. :-)

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blog: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home