Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, May 29, 2006

A LUCID DREAM



Lucid dreaming is being aware while you are still asleep and dreaming, that you are dreaming. There’s a link at the bottom of this post to more in depth information on what lucid dreaming is.
It’s a skill that I gather can be learned, though some folk do it spontaneously.

I’ve always had a sort of partial lucidity in that when a dream becomes nightmarish - rarely, but it does happen - then I realize I’m dreaming and force myself to actually wake up. I spent many months, on and off, years back, trying to more fully develop the skill of lucid dreaming, as the literature makes some enticing claims for using it for self-healing and exploration. But I never got beyond a slightly more lucid level than the one I have when I wake myself from nightmares. Except this one lucid incident I share below:

As I come to the crossroads,
I recognize the wide street before me
as the one that leads to the boulevard
that will finally take me home.
The street lamps cast a comforting golden glow.
My heart and mind lighten.

As I lift my arms to fly and my feet leave the sidewalk,
I realize I CAN’T fly! I’m DREAMING! I am elated.
I remembered to remember I am dreaming.
The thrill runs through me top to toe. I am lucid!
And the night and street disappear.
I am suspended in a soft cloud, no ground beneath my feet;
no buildings, trees, or lamp lights glow around me.
I look around me puzzled, still fully aware I am dreaming
and that I can still do something with this dream,
if I wish. What should I do? What do I want?
I have NO idea! A wry amusement over-rides elation:
How like me to finally get what I want
and not have the vaguest idea
what to DO with it!


* * * *

Resource: DreamViews, A Lucid Dreaming Forum.

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blog: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home