Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, May 22, 2006

Evolution of An Image, A Poem


Forgive me, dear reader, I'm going to rattle around in the cage of some entrapping feelings that have been surfacing all to frequently for me these past several months, by sharing a poem of mine that was written well over 20 years ago:



Evolution of An Image

Trees in this dense wood are tall
and hung with vines that choke all light
so dark succeeds in seeping up my spine.

I clutch for balance and collide
with bars I cannot see.

Terror suspends me,
an infant cribbed in ebony.

And then the dark caves in.

I dig out slowly, sorting through the shards,
building out of and upon the ruins,
carefully painting all darkness a placid blue.

But dark bleeds through.

I am an abysmal cage, through which
an occasional cold wind blunders.

* * * *


If you want to further explore this sort of dark imagery, see the post for today on my Tarot blog (link at bottom of this post) about the Nine of Swords in the Tarot deck.

Resource: Dream & Dreaming Resources on the Net/Electric Dreams.

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blog: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home