Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, November 04, 2019

RAILING AWAY (photo) & AT ONE TIME (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


AT ONE TIME

they tell me the name of the new elevated subway train,
going where I very much want to, is just the letter “O;”
“O”-Kay I say, wincing at my pun as I stand on the
platform in the chilly but sunny suburban afternoon;
a train pulls in, rocking the station lightly, “Oh”
emblazoned on the front and periodically down the sides;
“Oh” my, not exactly the train I was told I should catch
to get where I’m going, but so close in name as to make
no real difference to my way of thinking; so, I get on
and settle into the first car, gazing ahead through
the surprisingly clean front window, and enjoy my
first uncrowded New York City train ride in decades;
I’m startled when not only does it stop rather soon
but doesn’t move again; I look toward where the tracks
ahead should be, but rails go no further than this
station, the trackless path ahead nothing more than
a lane of grass and flowery weeds going straight
to the horizon: uh-“Oh”, I’m on the wrong train
after all and it’s not even backing up to run its
route in the other direction; we seem to be as rooted
here now as all that’s growing wildly where the tracks
must have been at one time:
right up to the deceptively near horizon


[free verse poem on a dream of 11-2-19. This is the second dream of the three I mentioned having on 11-2. I notice a similarity in image at the end of yesterday’s dream poem and this one: looking ahead into the distance. Of course, there’s much more in each of these dream/poems. And then there’s the third one, which I hope to finish writing in time to post tomorrow. The draft notes hint at a focus on the future, as does the looking ahead into the distance of the first two. Photo “Railing Away” (Archival Pix 6-14-09 2399[3]) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant or contrasting aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home