Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, November 07, 2019

GO AWAY! (photomorph) & A HUNCH & HIDE DANCE (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


A HUNCH & HIDE DANCE

Hey, stranger, it’s been years since you’ve
Wandered through a dream. Have I missed
You? Not really. Don’t even think I gave your
Absence a thought, until now when your
Arrival here in my small, closet-like bathroom
Is totally inappropriate! You may be Brad Pitt
And as handsome as ever (though that never
Meant much in my dreams, just on waking and
Recalling your visit, as now) but I’ve never
Understood not so much the why of your
Visits (the dreams’ over all intents were always
Clear) but the why of it being you, again and
Again, over that several years, so many years
Ago. When as far as I could tell it could really
Have been any male of our species. And here
You are now, standing at the door you opened
To this closet I call a bathroom, and staring
At my nude body. I don’t even have anything
In here with me to cover up with as I do a
Frantic hunch and hide dance. And now,
With that vague amused smile on your face, you
Have the temerity to start critiquing my body,
Putting your comments in question form: Ack!
I know that old game, phrase it as a question and
You can claim it’s not a judgment. Well, you are
Judging my old body and trying to appear
Just curious and friendly … leave me be! I’ve
Had too much judgment rammed down my gullet,
Even when I was young and supposedly rather
Beautiful and still able to wield my considerable
Intelligence in an effective way (or at least my
Over-developed talent at denial allowed me
to believe so). Go! Be a star somewhere else,
Save your acting for someone who buys it.


[free verse poem on a dream of 11-6-19. Interesting how dreams can sometimes “out” feelings we weren’t aware of when we went to sleep. BTW, I did actually have several dreams, years back, in which Brad Pitt showed up. (Also, Angelina Jolie.) Photomorph “Go Away!” (10-21-19 [72-2]) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant or contrasting aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home