Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

MEMORIES CONGREGATE (photomorph) & ON WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN MY BROTHER'S 70TH BIRTHDAY (non-dream tanka pair) by Roswila


ON WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN
MY BROTHER’S 70TH BIRTHDAY

hand laundry soaks
in the sink, color spreading
through the water,
even as bright bits of last night’s dreams
seep into morning’s mental stewing

it’s all too tempting
to grasp after these surprisingly
upbeat dream fragments
but better they be left to rest as they fade,
along with memories of a lost brother


[non-dream tanka written 9-17-19. BTW, of the four of us in my primary family (mother, father, brother, me) I’m the only one left. My mother died when she was 34, my father at 66, and my brother at 65. I’m still hanging around at going on 76. Although my younger brother and I were estranged at the time of his death, I always had a vague hope we’d reconnect. And even if not, just knowing he was still on the same planet with me was a comfort. Rest in peace, Russ. Photomorph “Memories Congregate” (3-26-14 019v3[2]) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home