Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, September 29, 2019

OLD DREAM HAIKU NOTEBOOK COVER & "my brother builds ..." (dreamku) by Roswila



my brother builds
a door into the ceiling
(I am artistic)


[a dreamku of mine from 2004. I should explain that I’ve been going through three small spiral notebooks of mine from many years ago. All of them filled with hand written, dream-based haiku I wrote. Some of the source dreams, and even in many cases the composing of the ‘kus, go as far back as the late 1990’s. I recently recalled that I’d not used all of them on my blog. Also, that when I did this same sort of review of these three historical notebooks years back, I found many dreamku that I wanted to tweak and then re-post. Which explains the age of this dreamku. I wasn’t even calling my dream haiku “dreamku” back when I wrote it. The odd thing is, it appears I never posted it. (The books are a trip to wander through, filled with edits and scratchy notes about where the dreamku were posted.) I do recognize it’s one of my more puzzling dreamku and am hoping that my addition last night of those parentheses makes the juxtaposition clearer. That puzzling aspect may be why I had not chosen to post it in earlier run-throughs of these ancient notebooks. However, clear or not, I’m choosing to put it up today as a sort of P.S. to my post of yesterday in which my deceased brother appeared. (The anniversary of his birthday recently has really hit me hard, hasn’t it? BTW, at the time of this ‘ku’s source dream he was still alive.) What strikes me is, here again, there’s a looking up. As there is at the end of yesterday’s dream writing. And I think that even back in 2004, that’s the dream aspect that is important. Gotta stop here, could go on and on as to why. IMAGE ABOVE by Roswila: Reposting of the scan of the cover of the spiral notebook in which this dreamku was written in 2004, the pix and bits of text at bottom were pasted on it by me (over time, i.e., one by one as I stumbled across them in magazines, etc.), this is from the oldest of my three ancient dreamku notebooks.]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home