Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, May 12, 2019

THE EMPRESS [III] (from The Taiga Tarot) & THE DOOR IN THE SKY (free verse dream poem) by Roswila)


THE DOOR IN THE SKY

my first door in the sky!
I recall one beneath the sea,
the water supporting and furthering
the muscular struggle even approaching
it required of me, but there’s nothing
here to help me, simply the cold blue air
through which each effortful stroke
of my arms and legs slices instantly,
moving me not one whit closer
to the door, this intensely compelling
hinged portal whose only reason for
being -- at least in the waking world
– is to afford entrance to a different
space … ah! and now I get it (if only
on one metaphorical level) today
is Mother’s Day (bear with me)
and the Hebrew letter corresponded
with the Tarot’s Empress card --
the Archetypal Mother – is Daleth,*
which in noun form means “door” …
so much thinking for a dream in which
I’m itching to be in motion, not just
hanging around -- literally, hanging
becalmed in the air despite my best
efforts -- I could pray for a great wind
to come up and sweep me through that
door, only I’m not only sail-less but
rudderless, not to mention that I’ve rarely
been one to throw myself onto the winds
of change, especially now when body
and mind grow more fragile daily …
and so here I hang, waiting for the
inevitable advent of arthritic and
emotional pain to wake and drive
me through another morning


[free verse poem on a dream of 5-11-19. *All info mentioned here about The Empress card in The Tarot is factual. Image above: THE EMPRESS in my Taiga Tarot deck. This card was designed in 2007 and the deck is still in progress. The curved placement on those stars is meant to represent her traditional pregnant belly. The non-traditional tanka (poem) on this card is also dream-based. To see the few other completed designs I've made for cards in this deck, google for “The Taiga Tarot” blog.]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home