Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, May 19, 2019

SAMURAI HORSE (haiga) & THIS ROUGH RIDE (free verse poem in response to dreams) by Roswila


THIS ROUGH RIDE

were you to respect my insistent plea
and remove these reins you have on me
I’d probably just stand here, waiting
for your next tug, too well trained
after all these years to go on alone:
to the left? I can do that, to the right?
of course, or ahead into the scary future?
or even double back into the burned-out
plains of the past? all doable at the slightest
memory of the flicker of your hand or smile;
reins or no, your way would remain my way,
good, bad, or otherwise, as I seek out clues
from the remains of our entangled travels
for which way to turn: the price I continue
to pay for my inability to accept total
aloneness on this rough ride


[free verse poem written 5-19-19, based on associations to having “sung” the song “Let Me Go, Lover” on and off all last night in my dreams. Synchronistically, there’s a PBS NOVA special on T.V. right now about the relationship between horses and humans. Not sure the basic metaphor of this poem actually “works,” but I’m sure of so little in my life as I get older and older. I may have said this here before, but rather than learning at this late stage, I feel I’m un-learning mountains of stuff. And anything I believe I learn is provisional as things change on that proverbial dime. So, more and more I’m grasping for and following after -- not without conflict, and only more or less consciously, what has guided me up ‘til now. Even on those occasions when I find that what I hold is probably questionable and/or clearly painful. Image: “Samurai Horse” (Haiga folder, taiga6[2]) by Roswila, a haiga is an image with a small poem on it -- this poem is a 2008 dream-based tanka of mine, the sketch is one of my own from that time]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home