Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

PIECES OF A BROKEN HEART (photomorph) & TWO TENDER IMAGES (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


TWO TENDER IMAGES

Dream One

hugging a dark horse’s large warm head
to my breast to calm him I worry
if I’m standing at an angle
that will allow him to stay in motion
while I caress him (a challenge
to be sure), even as he huffs
softly and gently against me
like a heartbeat at rest


Dream Two

the sweet adolescent girl who’s so
anxious to help me save the bees
offers me advice on what to feed them
(which I had already begun to do
based on past knowledge),
then she starts teaching me how
to speak the bee language,
syllable by vibrating syllable …
should I tell her that I already
know how, interrupting her
evocative, accidental song?


[free verse poem on two dreams of 5-12-19. Given my recent dreams and daytime mood, I was surprised when I recalled these two. They both offer caring advice in a very welcome way when I've been feeling helpless/hopeless. The first seems to be addressing calming myself, especially given what agitation does to my body. The question/advice: How best to calm myself so that I am able to be more active, “to stay in motion.” In fact, as I typed that I thought “being in motion more often will be calming.” The second dream’s bee imagery led me to realize I need to start taking B-Complex vitamins again. I’d stopped a few months ago due to the expense. I take quite a range of supplements and I’d hoped the (rather sparse) B’s in my multi-vitamin would suffice. But as soon as I recalled these bees, I thought of B vitamins. So, I’ve ordered them again. The girl is also a jam-packed image that I won’t go into here. Suffice it to say, her desire to help is heart-warming. And here we are, back to that first dream’s ending. Photomorph “Pieces of A Broken Heart” (5-27-17 018v3a[3]) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home