Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, May 16, 2019

HOT MESS (photomorph) & THE REVIEW (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


THE REVIEW

the dance rehearsal
hall is filled to capacity
with cast members;
I’ve arrived from the future to view
the first recording of a famous song

actually, the most
famous and beloved song ever sung
by Elvis Presley --
go know there’d been all this unclarity and
zealous squabbling involved in its creation

will they ever smooth it all out into
the incredible hit it is in my day?

Elvis listens to
each cast person’s thoughts and needs,
almost dancing as
he directs and considers, wandering
among these many anxious folk

something’s still missing
that’s in the completed hit song I
recall from the future,
and here it comes in the arms of a
young techie: an adorable toddler

her hair is curly,
a bright auburn, and as the cliché
goes: lights up the room,
but even her presence doesn’t pull
this puddle of loose ends together

it seems there’s truly
no going back, no getting a private
re-viewing of a
special scene, much less the fixing
of a massively messy one

each moment comes around only once
and we do best to live it as it does


[tanka series with two 2-liners on a dream of 5-15-19. I should mention that I’ve had numerous Elvis dreams over the years. He’s always – in one way or another – some aspect of my father (who was a handsome, troubled singer/actor with blue eyes and dark hair that was really a natural medium/light brown). I suppose another way to phrase one part of this dream’s message: leave the past to the past. There is more to this dream than that, but I’d have to go on for too long. And my plate for today is very full, so I’ll leave my comments at this. Photomorph “Hot Mess” (3-28-17 2656v93[2]) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home