Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, March 03, 2019

THE CRUMBLING (photomorph) & SCRATCH THAT (dream-based writing) by Roswila


SCRATCH THAT

she’s pissed that I’ve passed on
the old cut-off jeans she gave me;
I’m agitated, too, if she’d wanted them
to go no further than me she should
have said so; but I hare off after
the mutual friend I’d given them to,
she having no problem with having to mend
the numerous rents and fraying seams;
all the while, wishing I didn’t now have to assert
myself with her to get the worn-out jeans shorts
back: how can accepting a tattered gift and
then paying it forward where it will truly
be appreciated cause such a hassle

just as I’ve caught sight of
the woman I need to reclaim
the mending project from, I sense this
dream is really about that building,
maybe half a block away, lying on the
horizon in pieces after deconstruction;
though deconstruction implies eventual
reconstruction, this old two story
brick building doesn’t look even vaguely
amenable to resurrection at any time,
in any way; as I look over this collapse
carefully, watching my wobbly steps
while I wander among the piles of
broken lumber and bricks and bits
of mortar, I come across one small
section that is already being rebuilt;
it’s warm reddish brown, recycled bricks,
framed where appropriate with shiny dark
wood, leads me to imagine it will make
a nice pocket-size apartment for one
person, even if surrounded by
endless stacks of debris
(sorpresa, sorpresa)

… mending …
… rebuilding …
so much on-going work
and none of it fresh from scratch
no matter how it’s framed; and I
suddenly recall with a briefly
freeing laugh, that saw:
there’s nothing new
under that sun


[written on a dream of 2-27-19. Photomorph “The Crumbling” (9-4-14 004v9) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home