Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, December 01, 2018

SINGING FROM THE HEART (photomorph) & SONG FOR THE DANCE (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


SONG FOR THE DANCE

someone
somewhere will always
think you wrong

accuse you of conceit
or of murdering the moment

but do not stop dancing
do not ever stop dancing,
for neap tides become high,
and new moons, full

keep on singing, singing, singing
from the calm eye of joy
as you spin through this life

and emptiness
will be what fills you
till you ring, ring, ring
like a bell


[free verse poem, based on a dream from November of 2005 and written in January of 2006, the last stanza is verbatim from the dream. I began drafting a new non-dream poem today that went nowhere fast, so decided to open up a folder in my poetry archives at random and pick one to re-post. This was the first I read. It's still an important message for me today. And I do just keep "singing..." new pix and poems every day (a rare day I don't produce new ones). If nothing else, the efforts focus this busy brain someplace else for a while than on pain and difficulties. The images in this poem, though, keep raising questions of inconsistencies for me, then they balance out. Not sure that makes for a fully viable poem, but I'm steting them all, as they are ... the poem's been a lot of years this way. Photomorph "Singing from the Heart" (10-3-11 11324v26) by Roswila; between this blog and my photo blog, this is now the ninth version I've posted from the same old photo ... who's a creature of habit? :-) I'll blame that on being a sun-sign Capricorn ...]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home