Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, November 24, 2018

GENETIC MIX UP (photomorph) & WELL ENOUGH ALONE (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


WELL ENOUGH ALONE

go figure! a blonde gene
in our family, affording a color
that doesn't darken
with age -- but, wait, there is
a hitch and isn't there always:

it's activated
only by the XY chromosomes paired,
men have all the luck!

however, it seems
I'm the only one in our family
at all interested,
the rest ignore both me and this fact:
as trivial? obvious? just plain dumb?

I'd still like to see
if we can produce a gorgeous blonde,
even if a male;
my distant cousin, a handsome black
man with long dreadlocks, frowns at me,

seeming to say "There you go again, why
can't you ever just leave well enough alone?"


[three tanka with one dreamku (the small 3-liner), capped by a two-liner on a dream of 11-23-18. Don't ask me, I dunnoh! :-) I have some tentative guesses as to where it came from and none are any great shakes. However, I suspect there's some deeper stuff I'll touch on once I have a few minutes to sit with its images. Actually, it hits me right now: the dream's another way of saying "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence." Photomorph "Genetic Mix Up" (10-20-09 7665v2h) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home