Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, November 19, 2018

THE FUTURE IS TEAL BLUE (photo) & THE COLOR OF IT ALL (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


THE COLOR OF IT ALL

I see a man in a white coat
pulling and pulling and pulling
an incredible length of billowing
teal blue out of the round
entrance to an MRI machine;
I'd call him a doctor but it's too
easy to assume that of a white-
coated person; yet though I don't
know if he's a doctor or not, I
somehow know I'm lying in that
huge tube and that the teal blue
cloud or water-like waves he's
unfurling from it like an unending
length of deep blue-green cloth,
is every last bit of my fat; yeah,
not only my present day excess
poundage, but every bit I'd dropped
across the years (and subsequently
regained ... and more); yikes! how
can what gave me massive trouble
and pain (and still does) be such a
beautiful and even peaceful color?
and more worrisome, this entire
procedure has to be some sort of
a scam; it's hard enough to believe
my present day overweight could
be so readily dispensed of, but to
accept that all of the boomeranging
weight of the many years gone by
is also coming off me, right along
with it? no, that's a huge negatory;
yet to my utter surprise I begin to
enjoy seeing this teal blue (what
can only be called a) miracle
rippling proudly in the light,
like a banner to freedom long
fought for and won at last


[free verse poem on a dream of 11-18-18. Hoo-eee! Talk about a wish fulfillment dream! I also note that I saw the color blue again -- see yesterday's dream poem that ends with royal blue in it. Photo "The Future is Teal" (5-27-15 026v2c) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home