Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, March 04, 2018

MIDNIGHT REVELATIONS (photomorph) & ON CARE TAKING (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


ON CARE TAKING

that
look in your eyes --
tight and flat as if stretched
in front of wild things struggling to
escape -- I've seen it too many times
before in a man's unguarded glance:
some fresh, unwelcome realizations roil
behind those taut darknesses of which I
can only look at one at a time; but still, no
surprise, man, I've felt these storms coming,
warned by the all too delicate barometer in
the pit of my stomach, long before they
reached your eyes today; all that's left
is for you to speak your piece: I will
not pull it out of you, much less
voice it for you -- I have too
much work to do just to
take care of
myself


[non-dream free verse poem written 3-3-18. Photomorph "Midnight Revelations" (2-15-17 005v3) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home