Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, January 03, 2018

AUTUMN OF THE EMERALD TABLET (photo) & THE TIDE THIS TIME (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


THE TIDE THIS TIME

the young, blond, long haired guy's some sort
of itinerant racer, only in town for a short time;
I'm delighted he's chosen me to pal around with
because he's really cute and personable and a great
antidote to all that's been ailing me for way too long;
so what if this cure will only be temporary, and isn't
sexual as I'd like it to be, for any sense that this old
lady is really liked by an attractive man, is very
welcome; he takes me for a walk to show me
a beautiful area he's found, a spreading flatland
that's solidly over grown with grasses and bushes
and even some small trees, like a deep green sea
bobbing in the breezes bearing healthy plant life
that had somehow escaped the recent horrendous
wildfires; I then realize the resemblance to a sea
is greater than I thought when all the greenness
begins rushing like a tide toward us; clearly all
this life is rooted beneath a prairie of water that's
about to inundate us as we stand on a hillock; he
grabs my hand, saying we've stayed too long,
the tide's turning, we need to get back to town;
I face away from him toward home, prompting his
surprised comment: "You're moving away just as I'm
about to kiss you?" Dag it! He's right, I never have
been able to interpret a man's signals correctly;
we share a lengthy, passionate kiss and he whispers
in my ear afterwards that he's not wanted to be
anywhere for any length of time in many years,
but that he's going to stay around here for a good
long time; we stumble down the hillock toward
town holding hands, the green tide
lapping at our feet


[free verse poem on a dream of 1-2-18. Amazing! When I went to sleep, I'd not have bet a plug nickel I'd have any sort of pleasant dream. Yeah, it's clearly wish fulfillment (and about a man, again) but there are levels to it that are encouraging. Especially given the horrendous state I was in yesterday (one that's been progressing down a scary path, actually). I think what I like most about this dream is all that green/growth that escaped the wildfires. Something does survive, doesn't? Something always survives the worst life and ourselves can do to us. In this case, quite a lot seems to have survived. As far as the male of the species? Eh, no sense "he's" ever going to show up in my waking life. But he led me to that great green sea in this dream. And that's what counts. Photo "Autumn of the Emerald Tablet" (1-2-18 005v2a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home