Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, January 02, 2018

RISING TO MEET THE UNKNOWN (photomorph) & ON CONNECTIONS AND CABLES (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


ON CONNECTIONS AND CABLES

1 --

she begins to sob
as I put my arm around her
prompting tears from me --
this explains so much about her:
that she, too, has been abused

did she hide the symptoms or was I blind?
no matter, it's better to connect late than never


2 --

the younger woman
is driving us where I've never been
but have yearned to go

she makes a sudden
U-turn onto the sidewalk:
has she changed her mind?
no, she's trying to find a faster route:
time is running out to get me there

as she wrestles with the steering wheel
I have an instant, very clear mental image:

it's like trying to pick up lost stitches in cabling
on an unfinished sweater while running at full tilt


[1: a tanka and a two-liner, 2: a dreamku, tanka, and 2 two-liners; both 1 & 2 are on dreams from the evening of 1-1-18. Haven't written dream pieces in these forms in a long time. It was a surprise when they started emerging on the page this morning. Kinda, sorta fun, actually, to use them again. There's a certain ease in knowing the literal form the words have to take on the page. With free verse or a dream narrative there's all this sculpting that I wind up doing, both in terms of line breaks and what words fit the piece's visual shape and deeper meaning as it emerges. And that process has no real rules, other than something inside me. So I wrestle and wrestle with the piece. LOL! Rules can sometimes be welcome, can't they? Oh, and yes, another evening of dreams without a male protagonist. What a relief after that run of testosterone bearers! Bad enough I have to deal with the male of the species in waking life. Photomorph "Rising to Meet the Unknown" (12-30-17 009v8a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home