Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, December 31, 2017

STUDY IN DARK & LIGHT (photo) & WINTER BREAK IN I.V. (non-dream tanka pair) by Roswila


WINTER BREAK IN I.V.

the long, drying fingers
of the palm frond tickle my bowed
neck as I pass by;
a welcome quiet stretches on,
the crows only lightly cawing

I sit on my walker
in a shadow-dusted patch of sunlight
and draft a poem:
inspiration gratefully drawn
from a world briefly at rest


[non-dream tanka pair written 12-29-17. I have two other poems ready to post. But one's about (can you guess?) a man (sigh), and the other's rather angry. Hell, I need a winter break, too. And just as the experience related in this poem was oh-so-welcome the other day, I am grateful to tap briefly into its peace if only for the time it takes me to post it here. (And fuss at it; you'd not believe how much editing I did on this one to shape it up, even just now after I'd thought it was finished.) BTW, I.V. (Isla Vista) is the university town I frequently wander around. Except for breaks such as spring and year-end holidays, it's a very busy place. Crowded with students and vehicles of all kinds, and the concomitant noise. No complaints, I enjoy the liveliness. But the peace and quiet is also very welcome when it's there. Ooops! Almost forgot: HAPPY NEW YEAR! I can't wrap this soon to be 74 year old mind around the idea that it's going to be 2018. How'd we get this far into the new century already. Photo "Study in Dark & Light" (12-30-17 003v3) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home