Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, December 30, 2017

'ROUND 'N 'ROUND (photo) & IN THE RING (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


IN THE RING

I'm not sure if he's a doctor but he sounds
like one as he checks me out; his questions
make sense as I hear and answer them, but
they, and my responses to each, by-pass
memory to fall on the carpet of the boxing
ring we stand in; his tentative conclusion,
though, does stick long enough for me to
mentally question it: I'm quite sure I don't
have walking pneumonia, no matter that
little cough I've been having recently; he
then invites me -- in that commanding way
some men have -- to walk along with him
around the ring, and not just walk, but pace
my steps exactly to his and even place them
exactly as he does; without a single second's
hesitation, I do so; it's not like ambling
along the garden path together, nor is it like
dancing, and it's also not difficult, which is
a bit of a surprise given my arthritis and
consequent wobbly way of walking; as he
leads me 'round and 'round this roped-off
area I question what I'm doing, but find
no reason not to do it: it's actually rather
amazing to find I can follow a man's lead
and not have everything fall apart


[free verse poem on a dream of 12-29-17. This dream/poem, even though I just had the dream last night, does not reflect my mood now. Sigh. Wish it did. Right now I don't want to have truck with anyone, much less men. (Yeah, rough morning.) BTW, I do note the contrast between yesterday's dream/poem in which a man "yields" to me, and this one in which I do the "yielding." Of course, today's is set in a boxing ring. So here I think the issue is learning how to fight in a productive, contained way. I might even say that at a another level, it's addressing my difficulty in general with learning from/about a man in a less combative (defensive) way. Whereas yesterday's has to do with seeking a certain openness and vulnerability in a man. Not that I think men aren't vulnerable. It's just they don't let it out! I get it, given how men are socialized but, damn it, it makes a deeper closeness so awfully difficult. ROTFLMAO! That last could be said about me, too. What else am I defensive about anyway, but my intense vulnerability? Photo: 'round 'n 'round (12-2-09 8422ev2a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home